My guy loves the smell of Cedarwood. It’s not floral or fruity – just a nice woodsy aroma. Good thing – I like it too! There are also some great benefits to cedarwood. Try replacing some of the other oils you use for relaxation and sleep with Cedarwood. It’s very relaxing and reminds me of being outdoors. Here are some more benefits and uses:
- Before exercising, massage one to two drops into your chest to maintain vitality throughout your workout
- After a difficult day, diffuse Cedarwood to relax the mind and the body
- During your facial routine, add one to two drops of Cedarwood to your facial toner or moisturizer for added clarifying properties
- After noticing a fresh skin imperfection, directly apply one drop to affected area to immediately improve the appearance
- Place a drop on a cotton ball and place in closets, storage boxes, or other areas to keep moths at bay
- Add to mulch or topsoil to repel insects
- When a child wakes up scared, apply to the bottom of feet to return a peaceful feeling
- Naturally repels insects
Want to know more? https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-cedarwood-oil
How about for the kids?? Bath time is about to get even more fun with these jiggly, jouncy jelly soaps. Not to be mistaken with actual jelly, these jumping jellies work hard to clean and soften skin while providing aromatic benefits of Bergamot, Grapefruit, Cedarwood, and Wild Orange essential oils. These are just as fun to play with as they are to use, so you may want to schedule an extra ten minutes into your morning routine. Please be sure to teach children that even if the soaps look and feel like they might be edible, they are not.
2 packets unflavored gelatin powder
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup doTERRA® Spa Refreshing Body Wash
3-5 drops Wild Orange (Bergamot, Grapefruit, Cedarwood or another favorite essential oil can be used instead)
- Put unflavored gelatin powder in a mixing bowl, then pour water over the gelatin and stir.
- Add doTERRA® Spa Refreshing Body Wash and Wild Orange essential oil. Mix well until combined.
- Separate mixture into different containers, then add desired coloring to each. If you want them all to be the same color you can add the colorant directly to the mixture.
- Put skin-safe glitter in silicon molds, then pour mixture on top.
- Place in refrigerator until firm.
- Store in refrigerator before and after each use.