What parent doesn’t want some quick help for their families at the touch of their fingertips? Naturally safe, purely effective. doTERRA’s Family Essentials Kit is the “feel better” essentials that parents need on a daily basis to care for their families.
This collection of ten amazing Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade CPTG® oils, there are six single oils and four oil blends. These 5 ml bottles of Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melaleuca, Oregano, Frankincense, Deep Blue, Breathe, DigestZen, and On Guard have been a great help to families, including mine. Education is key and the convenient box these oils comes in is stocked with oil tips and uses.
Contact Us to find out more about essential oils and how your family can benefit.
Lavender: Is All Things Calming
Lavender is undoubtedly known as the queen of all oils. It’s unmistakable aroma and therapeutic properties have been sought after for thousands of years. Lavender is commonly used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Make a linen spray with a few drops of lavender and water in a spray bottle
- So calming to skin irritations from bug bites, bee stings, cuts or scrapes, simply put a drop of Lavender on the affected area
- Add a drop in your bath or your littles before bedtime, not only soothing to the skin but so calming before bed
Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh lemons! The rinds of the lemon are cold-pressed preserving its delicate nature and potent properties. This powerhouse can be used aromatically, topically or internally to cleanse the body, air or even help uplift mood. Use it throughout the house as a non-toxic cleaning booster.
- Add to water for a refreshing taste and gentle detox
- Rub 1–2 drops to remove gum, oil, grease, sap, crayon or marker
- Use to clean silverware and baking dishes
Peppermint: Cool and Invigorates
By far one of my personal favorites. Peppermint is often found in toothpastes, chewing gums and mouthwashes. It is useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid. The possibilities are endless with this oil.
- Dip your toothpick in the bottle and stir that into a cup of hot cocoa or tea
- Place a drop under your tongue for bad breath or add a few drops to a Veggie Capsule to help aid in occasional stomach upset.*
- For a mid-day pick up, combine a drop of peppermint with a drop of wild orange, rub palms together, cup hands under your nose and take a deep breath (don’t forget to close your eyes)
- Peppermint has great cooling properties, apply a drop to the back of your neck to cool down. Can be sensitive to the skin so it’s recommended to dilute with a carrier oil
Melaleuca: All things skin
Most commonly known as ‘tea tree’, Melaleuca has been renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin. Melaleuca has more than 92 active compounds and limitless applications.
- Add a few drops to the wash cycle to kill germs, great for all things stinky
- Helps to promote healthy immune function*
- Apply directly to a blemish or add a drop or two to you face wash for added cleansing properties
- Have healthy happy fingernails or toenails by applying Melaleuca after a shower
Oregano: Healthy and natural immune support
Hippocrates, the father of medicine, used oregano as a cleansing agent as well as for digestive and respiratory support. Oregano contains phenolic acids and flavonoids and is high in antioxidant activity.
- Help maintain a healthy immune system with Oregano
- Use one drop of Oregano in place of one tablespoon of ground Oregano to your favorite Italian dishes. Great in a salad dressing or bread dips too
- Oregano supports healthy digestion and respiratory functions, it is a powerful cleansing and purifying agent
Frankincense: The King of all oils
Frankincense is known for its relaxing properties, help aid in immune support and uplifting mood
- Diffuse to help support healthy cellular function or to soothe a tense atmosphere*
- Use directly on troubled skin areas like scars, age spots, stretch marks and wrinkles to reduce the appearance of blemished areas and rejuvenate the skin
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage into your hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect
Deep Blue: Muscle and Joint Support
So many of us suffer from ongoing discomforts. Known as the soothing blend, Deep Blue is dōTERRA’s solution to this. It’s ingredients include: Wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, German Chamomile, Helichrysum and Osmanthus which work together to ease achy joints and sore muscles. When rubbed into your area of discomfort, this oil will help you realize some pretty immediate benefits.
- Apply pre or post work out for soothing relief. Stand on your feet a lot? Your feet will love you for this one.
- Apply to hands and feet after gardening or any other strenuous activities
- Apply to lower back muscles after a day of heavy lifting. Bring along on your next massage, your body with thank you.
Breathe: Respiratory Support Blend
This blend has a number of CPTG® essential oils which combine to help you breathe easier. This proprietary blend includes Laurel Leaf, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Melaleuca, Lemon and Ravensara which help aid in cleansing and soothing the airways. Apply topically to the chest, back or bottom of feet. For those noisy sleepers in your house, just a swipe under the nose for a restful nights sleep for them (an you). The aroma of breathe is calming to the senses and a perfect one to diffuse at nighttime for restful sleep.
- Use after you’ve been outdoors to minimize the effects of seasonal changes or at night to help ease congestion or respiratory issues
- Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
- Comes in a convenient vapor stick for those nighttime noise makers or for ease when applying to the littles
DigestZen: Digestive Support Blend
This amazing blend of oils includes: Ginger, Peppermint, Tarragon, Fennel, Caraway, Coriander and Anise which help restore normal balance and aid in digestion. Apply across the bridge of the nose to help open sinuses.
- Before your next road trip, try a drop or two for a calming aroma. Especially helpful when trying new foods.
- A must have when enjoying a heavy holiday meal to help promote digestion*
- Use with fractionated coconut oil for a soothing abdominal massage or to help ease feelings of queasiness*
- DigestZen helps reduce gas, bloating and occasional indigestion*
On Guard: Natural Defense Blend
This unique blend of dōTERRA’s unique blend of Wild Orange, Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary offer natural and effective alternatives to synthetic options for healthy immune function*. With its unique aroma, this blend offers a fragrant and natural way to clean everything from counter tops to the toilet bowl. Diffuse to cleanse and purify the air and help aid in controlling and eliminating pathogens. On Guard blend can be found in our laundry detergent, cleaner concentrate, all natural whitening toothpaste and beadlets.
- Rub along gum lines to help aid in soothing a toothache
- On Guard supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses*. Add two to three drops in a veggie capsule for a quick immune boost*
- Diffuse in your home or office during fall and winter months
Warning: if you are pregnant or nursing, always consult a medical doctor before using these products. These products are not meant to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.